Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rain in Zwolle


One more photo from The Netherlands. This one was taken in 2005, when I was on an educational exchange. It was taken in Zwolle, a city in the center of The Netherlands 120 kilometers northeast of Amsterdam. Zwolle is a beautiful city, a historic market town that doesn't seem to have a large tourist presence.
I like this photo, but it could have been better. The rain soaked streets, the scooter in the foreground, and the quaint buildings in the background all have the potential for a great photo. The problem is the rain. To get the photo I wanted, I would have had to kneel on wet pavement, and didn't want to spend the rest of the day wandering around town (and attending school functions in the evening) wearing wet, dirty clothes. I chose to stay dry, but only got an ok photo as a result.

No comments: