Friday, May 30, 2008

Fisherman's Wharf Holgarama


One more Holgarama to finish the week. This one was taken at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco last October. I'm no fan of Fisherman's Wharf. It's a lot like Navy Pier here in Chicago-An overpriced, boring tourist trap. It does have one thing I love, however, and the reason I was there: the Musee Mecanique, which is a great collection of vintage arcade machines. I love those old arcade games, and spent a few hours shooting them.

This Holga panorama was taken right after about 2 1/2 hours spent shooting in the Musee Mecanique, when I wandered outside for some fresh air and a place to eat lunch (I ended up at In and Out Burger, a California chain that everyone raves about. I don't eat red meat, and found out by ordering one that their 'veggie burger' is just lettuce and tomato on a bun, nothing else. Not the most satisfying lunch!). Anyway, I really like how this one turned out. As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, panoramas shot with a Holga can be difficult to do well. This one just came together nicely.

No comments: