Friday, May 23, 2008

The Blue Spirit Battles Deadly 17-Year Cicadas


Three photos today, I’m leaving Friday afternoon to spend Memorial Day weekend with family in Michigan, and won’t be posting again until Monday.


I thought I’d finish this little salute to the 17-year cicada with a couple of funny shots. I took these just for the heck of it, I didn’t have any serious artistic goals in mind.


The action figure is The Blue Spirit, alter ego of the banished Prince Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender, an animated series that’s been an obsession of mine for a couple of years now. I highly recommend the series. If you can get beyond the ‘cartoons are for kids’ mentality, you’ll find that Avatar is a smartly written, beautifully animated show with a complex storyline. It attracts a sizable adult audience as well.

No comments: