Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's A Vermeer Kind Of Sky, Let Me Show You What I Can Do With It


This photo was taken from the top of the church tower in Elburg, a small medieval town in The Netherlands that looks much like it did in the late 13th century. Those clouds have always reminded me of a Dutch Golden Age landscape painting. Looking at a landscape like this in The Netherlands, it's easy to see how those artists got their inspiration.

Ok, to be honest, I don't think Vermeer was that known for his landscapes, but he was working at the same time, and you've probably heard of him.

The title of this post is based on a song lyric by a well known band. Anyone know the band and/or song?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I know, I know! I'll be feeling gravity's pull next month when landing in Chicago. Looking forward to seeing you and Kevin.

(clever putting riddles in, Tyler!)