Sunday, September 14, 2008

Picture In A Picture


I shot this photo in my mom's backyard a couple of years ago. I wasn't really working on a project, it was more an experiment, trying out some ideas that had been bouncing around in my head for a while.
In case you haven't figured it out, it's a photo of a blue plastic cone in a yard. The photo of the cone was stuck in the grass at my mom's house, and this photo taken. I like how the grass in the print blends a bit with the grass in the yard (that would have worked better had the light been the same in both photos). I also like the confusion in perspective.
I took a few photos working with similar ideas, I'll post more over the next couple of days.

An update from the last post:
The remodeling project is complete! As I mentioned in the last post, I gave the contractor a list of things I couldn't do myself. He didn't question it, he knew I was pissed. He finished those items, and finished the job (he has to come back next week and redo some tile that was installed very poorly, but that's it). We've spent much of the weekend cleaning the new bath and entranceway, sealing the tile, caulking, painting my new basement darkroom, etc. I fixed the vanity light, a task the contractor said was not possible, in 10 minutes.

No comments: