Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Art


This photo was taken in Chinatown here in Chicago a couple of months ago. The sign in it's entirety reads 'Overseas Art & Travel', and it looks to be a travel agency, although for as long as I can remember, I've never actually seen a business of any sort open there. I like the sign and the tile below it, it looks retro and Asian at the same time. I'd love to see the sign lit up sometime.

This was shot with my Holga toy camera, and like most of the shooting I do with that camera, was shot on expired film. I like running old film through the Holga. Holga photos are supposed to have imperfections, it's part of the Holga aesthetic. Expired film adds a few more of them to the mix. This particular film was transparency film, and it gave some pretty strong color shifts.

No comments: