Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Short Visit To Utrecht


I received an email on my Facebook account a couple of days ago from someone who had seen a photo I posted here last August that I took in Utrecht, Netherlands. This person is going to Utrecht in August of this year, so I'm posting some photos for them.


Utrecht is a beautiful city that's located close enough to the center of The Netherlands that you can get anywhere easily. There's a big train station there (attached to a large, generic shopping mall), and trains pass through to all parts of the country. Utrecht has (at least) two distinct features: canals below street level (which you can see in the photo above) and tall, narrow buildings, often with entrances right off of a canal (which you can see below).


Here's another view of a canal in Utrecht:


I'll post some more Utrecht photos tomorrow.

No comments: