Saturday, March 28, 2009

Return To The Factory


Late last fall, I shot some photos at an abandoned factory on the far south side of Chicago. I returned to the same factory today to do some more shooting. This time, I concentrated mainly on shooting panoramas, and shooting with my four-lens Nishika camera. This is the first of five or six panoramas I shot there.

The factory looked largely the same as it did last fall, although it was obvious that more of it had been demolished. I was wondering why the demolition seemed to be going so slowly, and suspected it might have something to do with the superfund sign I saw posted to the fence surrounding the site. I googled it tonight, and found this site, full of info abut this specific location. There's lots of photos there as well, but mostly of oil pits and people in hazmat suits.

No comments: