Sunday, August 24, 2008

Profound Or Pretentious?


I know which one I think it is, but I'll let you decide for yourselves.
I shot this photo earlier in the summer in Evanston, IL, a suburb just north of Chicago. I had a cyanotype photograph in the Evanston Art Center biennial, and took this photo the day I went to deliver my work. The graffiti is on the changing rooms at a public beach right behind the art center. While I'm not certain, I don't think the person who spray painted this intended the word 'women' to be part of the message. I suppose it works (or not) either way.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be more modest it is necessary

Anonymous said...

The authoritative point of view, funny...

Felicia Monique said...

I vote for profound!

Unknown said...

Happy accidents are very Zen. Zen is very profound therefore ... Ah, logic is not my strong suit but I like happy accidents.

Unknown said...

Happy accidents are very Zen, and Zen is very profound, so ... Ah ... Well logic is not my strong suit, but I like happy accidents.

A Friend said...

wrong too