Monday, November 7, 2011

I Need Inspiration


A month ago, I posted a photo along with some comments about how I was feeling a little uninspired with this blog. A month has passed, and while somewhat better (helped by avoiding 'pretty' photos), I still feel I need some inspiration. So, I'm asking for help by having a little contest.

Readers of this blog (I know there are several out there) are invited to suggest a theme for me to follow for about a week's worth of posts. The theme can be anything: particular subject matter, locations, photographic techniques, etc. They can be concrete, abstract or metaphorical themes, vague or specific. You can suggest as many different themes as you want. Post them as a comment to this post, or send me an email (look at my profile to send an email).

I'll pick the winning theme or themes. My criteria for judging will be how much I like and am inspired by the theme, and how well I think I can work with it. If I pick your theme, I'll send you a print of your choice from the images I post around it.

Deadline for entering is one week from today, November 14. Send me your theme ideas!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Christmas juxtaposition, found or created

Unknown said...

How about an homage to a favorite artist or work, like Gerhard Richter did with Vermeer in "The Reader"

http://www.gerhard-richter.com/datadir/images_new/xlarge/3950.jpg

Jackie said...

Pop culture. Beauty in untypical places.

Pam said...

Noise.