Thursday, April 15, 2010

At The Bridge


I'm just entering the overly busy end lap of the school year. This one is shaping up to be particularly busy. In addition to all the grading, critiques, exams, wrapping up, etc. at work, I have to prepare a bunch of materials for a new course I'm writing, and I have a show to prepare for which opens a couple of weeks after the semester ends (I'll post details later). All this means there's a chance that posts might be a little less frequent than usual for a few weeks. Or maybe not, we'll see.

I really love today's photo. It was shot about ten years ago. That's my sister and her husband on the bench, and my other sister taking a photo of them. My mom is standing to the left, and of course that's the Mackinac Bridge in the background. We were enjoying a rare family weekend together, much of the family having recently scattered around the country (my sister and her husband to San Francisco, me to Chicago).

No comments: